Full Syllabus & Reference Books
EDUCATION PAPER – I
- 1. Meaning, definition and scope of education, Aims — individual, social, liberal, vocational and Harmonious development of education, Aims of education in a democracy.
- 2. School and community— their relations, functions and responsibilities.
- 3. Curriculum, Definition and types of curricula, defects of present
curriculum, principles of curriculum construction, Importance of correlation of studies. Co-curricular activities types and their values in education.
- 4. Freedom and discipline Importance of freedom in education, Free discipline, relation between freedom and discipline. Discipline meaning types and its importance, Reward and punishment.
- 5. Teacher qualities of a teacher, importance of his personality, Functions of teacher in school. Material education needed for teaching.
- 6. Theories of play – play methods in education.
- 7. Education for international understanding and national integration.
- 1. Psychology it’s meaning, scope and definition, its importance in
education, Methods of educational psychology.
- 2. Physical basis of mental life. Importance of sensation, perception and conception.
- 3. Adolescence its significance and problems.
- 4. Emotions and instincts their importance in education, Importance of
needs, drives and motives.
- 5. Learning its meaning and importance, laws of learning, efficiency in
- 6. Image and imagination, its importance in education.
- 7. Memory— meaning and types of memory, cause of forgetting, attention
and its relation to interest.
- 8. Intelligence— its meaning and nature.
- 9. Statistics in education — calculation of mean, medium and mode,
standard deviation and quartile deviation, Coefficient of correlation by rank difference methods.
EDUCATION PAPER – II
- 1. Charter Act of 1813
- 2. Anglicist — classicist controversy Macculay’s minute and Lord Bentinck’s resolution of 1835
- 3. Wood’s Despatch of 1854— its effects on Indian education
- 4. Indian Education Commission of 1882— primary and secondary education.
- 5. Lord Curzon’s educational policy-Primary, Secondary and University education.
- 6. Gokhale’s Bill on primary education resolution of 1913.
- 7. Hartog committees report of 1929.
- 8. Wardha Scheme of Education 1937, its implementation in India.
- 9. Primary education Act of Assam 1926, problems in the Universalisation of primary education in Assam.
- 10. Adult education — problems in the implementation of adult education
programme—objectives and Aims of NAEP.
- 11. Women education— is importance, problems in the implementation of the education programmes for the women their solution.
- Foundation of Educational Thought and Practices by B. N. Das
- Theories and Principles of education by J. C Aggarwal
- Educational Psychology by Dr. Sunita Agarwalla
- History and Problems of Indian Education by Dr. S.P. Chaube
- Landmarks in the history of Indian education by J. C Aggarwal
- Development of Education in India by Dr. Sadhana Goswami and Dr. Phunu Das Sarma
- Statistics In Psychology & Education by Henry E.Garrett
- Wikipedia.org ( for Concept Clearance )