It’s very important that we know the definite trend of question being recently asked in the Mains Exam. Thus, the History Paper I & Paper II of 2014 is analyzed and section-wise break-up of the total no. of questions and marks are done here, to give you a better idea of the areas/topics more question appears in the exam.
HISTORY PAPER I
- critical account of principal ascpects of Indus Valley Civilization? Is it diff. from and anterior to culture of Vedic period
- Diff b/n Digvijaya and Dharmavijaya. Examine main features of Ashoka’s Dhamma
- how far can you justify Gupta period to be Golden Age in Indian History
- examine role of Kanauj-Kamrupa alliance in checking rising power of Sasanka of Gauda
- examine contest of supremacy in Northern India b/n Mughals and Afghansb/n 1526 ans 1556
- Discuss Akbar as a national king
- Evaluate administrative system established by Shivaji. According to you, was his system was an autocracy
- Evaluate Aurangazeb’s religious policy. How far he was responsible for decline of Mughal Empire
- analyse influence of Islam on Indian Culture
- Evaluate impact of Clive’sDual govt. in Bengal
- Nature of Revolt of 1857? Was it nationa rising to destroy British Power or only a rebellion of group of disconnected sepoys
- reasons that led to Partition of Bengal in 1905. Discuss consequent of anti-partition or Swadeshi Movement.
- Sailent feature of Govt of India Act 1935
Short note on
- Effets of Alexander’s invasion of India
- Society in Rig Vedic period
- Military administration of Ala-ud-din Khilji
- Mansabdari system ofAkbar
- Doctrine of Lapse
- Home Rule Movement
HISTORY PAPER II
- progress of reformation in the reign of Henry VIII
- circumstances leading to Glorious Revolution of 1688. How far was it glorious.
- why Great Britain’s Americal Colonies revolted against her. Significance of this rebellion
- Examine Napoleon’s Continental System. Was it a ‘grave political blunder’
- describe works of the Concert of Europe form 1815 to 1822. Why Concert of Europe fall?
- Elucidate Character and role of Matternich in Europe History. Account for ultimate failure of matternish policy or Matternich System
- Discuss causes of World War I
- Trace emergence and growth of Fascism in Italy
- Principles and aims of UNO? Brief about it’s diff organs
- Circumstances leading to Chinese Revolution of 1911. It’s Results?
Short note on
- Oliver Cromwell
- Reign of Terror
- Kaiser William II
- Crimean War
- Emancipation of Serfs
- Mustapha Kamal and modernisation of Turkey